The Sales Agronomist role provides customer service to Farmers Coop’s patrons by advising on a variety of crop production systems through the sales of crop protection products and crop nutrients as well as custom applications.
Key Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with customers.
- Market products and services by initiating sales calls and/or visits.
- Provide advice on agronomic programs for customers.
- Maintain customer agronomic records.
- Collaborate with Credit Manager and adhere to credit policies and procedures.
- Be willing and able to grow and maintain knowledge of products and practices to enhance both the customer’s and Farmers Coop’s profitability.
- Promote and present customer meetings to educate and promote agronomy alternatives and programs.
- Communicate and collaborate with other Sales Agronomists
- Communicate and collaborate with other Salespeople and Managers in other divisions within Famers Coop for the purpose of cross selling and overall knowledge of customers.
- Must possess self-motivation, organization, attention to details, and strong team attitude.