We are looking for an Insurance Specialist Intern to join our Omaha, Nebraska team. This is an ideal internship for those who want to learn how insurance support functions assist sales agents with training, technology, producer conversations and policy questions.
If you have a passion for understanding the roles and responsibilities involved in managing the largest crop insurance agency in the United States, then this internship is for you.
Our interns work on projects that matter—and teams will rely on your skills and insights to help deliver those projects to market. You’ll get the opportunity to work on real projects and have fun along the way.
FCSAmerica is a great place to work. You see it in our people and the relationships they have with each other and our customers. Our passion and commitment to serving both rural America and each other is key to our success in the marketplace. Join FCSAmerica today and help us shape the future of agriculture.
Here are a few things you’ll be doing as an Insurance Specialist Intern:
- Conduct research to build and increase competitor (Approved Insurance Provider (AIP) and agency) intelligence resources regarding crop insurance products, tools, technology and sales strategy.
- Explore options to make competitor and product intelligence resources easily accessible to teams.
- Conduct insurance agency acquisition post-closing analysis.
- Identify and create templates for integrating crop insurance and sales resources to Salesforce.
- Assist with general projects related to day-to-day agency management activity including indexing of SOIs and creating efficiency through workflow clean-up.
- Assist with Insurance Support Team job functions as assigned.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Observe roles and responsibilities involved in managing the largest crop insurance agency in the United States.
- Learn how insurance support functions assist sales agents with training, technology, policy and reporting questions, and producer conversations.
- Collaborate to gather, provide input and create competitor intelligence resources.
- Observe interactions and discussions with approved insurance providers.
- Observe conversations and training with internal technical and marketing teams.
- Currently pursuing a bachelors or master’s degree in Ag Business, Marketing or similar degree
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills (both written and verbal)
- Available for a 12-week internship during summer of 2021
- Qualified interns will receive a competitive hourly wage and $500 sign-on bonus
- Relocation assistance is available