**This internship is open to any retail location in Northeast South Dakota**
As a Financial Officer at Farm Credit Services of America (FCSAmerica), you will learn to advise customers on products which best meet their financial needs by understanding their operations and life priorities. You’ll have the opportunity to build lasting relationships with customers, teammates and support the local communities that you serve.
Our interns work on projects that matter—and teams will rely on your skills and insights to help deliver those projects to market. You’ll get the opportunity to work on real projects and have fun along the way.
FCSAmerica is a great place to work. You see it in our people and the relationships they have with each other and our customers. Our passion and commitment to serving both rural America and each other is key to our success in the marketplace. Join FCSAmerica today and help us shape the future of agriculture.
Here are a few things you’ll be doing as a Financial Officer Intern:
- Learn general office procedures. Conduct mailings on various Farm Credit of America promotions or products.
- Input annual financial information from customers and analyze financial position.
- Complete special projects assigned.
- Promote Farm Credit Services of America through various public activities.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Observe marketing/sales and prospecting calls by Financial Officers.
- Conduct credit verifications with credit references and other lenders as per loan application.
- Observe new loan applications, renewals and additional loans.
- Observe loan closing for exposure to legal requirements.
- Observe Appraiser to gain an understanding of the procedures and requirements of real estate and chattel appraisals
- Currently pursuing a bachelors or master’s degree in Ag Business, Accounting, Finance, Agricultural Economics, Animal Science or similar degree
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong desire to gain further understanding of the ag finance, lending and credit business
- Available for a 12-week internship during summer of 2021
- Qualified interns will receive a competitive hourly wage and $500 sign-on bonus
- Relocation assistance is available
Who is Farm Credit Services of America
FCSAmerica is a leading provider of credit and crop insurance to farmers, ranchers, and agribusinesses in Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wyoming. It takes a lot of expertise to meet the needs of today’s agricultural industry, and our 1,700 employees provide that in areas of lending, risk management, technology, marketing, customer and employee education.
We are headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, and support our customers and their rural communities from 43 local offices across our four-state territory. We take pride in serving every aspect of agriculture, from the young and beginning producer to some of the nation’s largest and most complex agribusinesses. The satisfaction that comes with serving an industry vital to all our lives shows in teammate surveys. FCSAmerica regularly is voted a top place to work.