**This position is open to any location in the Iowa or Kansas regions.**
We are looking for a Consumer Lending Officer Intern to join our team. This is an ideal internship for someone who is looking to learn about credit philosophies of short, intermediate, and long-term financing. The ideal intern will be self-motivated, a fast learner and have a passion for customer service.
Our interns work on projects that matter—and teams will rely on your skills and insights to help deliver those projects to market. You’ll get the opportunity to work on real projects and have fun along the way.
FCSAmerica is a great place to work. You see it in our people and the relationships they have with each other and our customers. Our passion and commitment to serving both rural America and each other is key to our success in the marketplace. Join FCSAmerica today and help us shape the future of agriculture.
Here are a few things you’ll be doing as an Intern:
- Gain exposure to credit philosophies of short, intermediate, and long-term financing.
- Observe interactions between the Consumer Lending Officer and the customer to fully uncover and understand the applicant(s) current and future needs and financial position to present the options that best meet their needs.
- Become familiar with resources and techniques for prospecting new customers and building strong working relationships with influencers/referral partners.
- Observe marketing/sales/support and prospecting calls by Consumer Lending Officers.
- Learn importance of a title search and title insurance/opinion.
- Learn how to identify and verify legal descriptions.
- Assist in the preparation of consumer loan applications in accordance with Rural 1st policies and procedures.
- Input annual financial information from customers and analyze financial position.
- Observe loan closing for exposure to legal requirements.
- Learn about features and benefits of additional products offered by Farm Credit Services of America, operating LOC, installment loans, crop insurance, Magnify, Farm Credit Leasing and AgDirect.
- Observe Appraiser to gain an understanding of the procedures and requirements of real estate appraisals.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Currently pursuing a bachelors or master’s degree in Ag Business, Accounting, Finance, Agricultural Economics, Animal Science or similar degree
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong desire to pursue a career involving sales, marketing and territory management.
- Available for a 12-week internship during summer of 2021
- Qualified interns will receive a competitive hourly wage and $500 sign-on bonus
- Relocation assistance is available
Who is Farm Credit Services of America
FCSAmerica is a leading provider of credit and crop insurance to farmers, ranchers, and agribusinesses in Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wyoming. It takes a lot of expertise to meet the needs of today’s agricultural industry, and our 1,700 employees provide that in areas of lending, risk management, technology, marketing, customer and employee education.
We are headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, and support our customers and their rural communities from 43 local offices across our four-state territory. We take pride in serving every aspect of agriculture, from the young and beginning producer to some of the nation’s largest and most complex agribusinesses. The satisfaction that comes with serving an industry vital to all our lives shows in teammate surveys. FCSAmerica regularly is voted a top place to work.