As an Agribusiness Capital Credit Analyst Intern at Farm Credit Services of America you will gain an understanding of the credit philosophies and lending activities for large agricultural producers and agribusinesses. This is a great opportunity to get in-depth experience by assisting in advanced credit analysis, underwriting, and loan monitoring.
Our interns work on projects that matter—and teams will rely on your skills and insights to help deliver those projects to market. You’ll get the opportunity to work on real projects and have fun along the way.
FCSAmerica is a great place to work. You see it in our people and the relationships they have with each other and our customers. Our passion and commitment to serving both rural America and each other is key to our success in the marketplace. Join FCSAmerica today and help us shape the future of agriculture.
Here are a few things you’ll be doing:
- Gain an understanding of the credit philosophies and lending activities for large agricultural producers and agribusinesses.
- Assist in advanced credit analysis, underwriting, and loan monitoring.
- Conduct input of customer’s financial statements, analyze related financial trends and assure compliance with loan covenants.
- Observe and provide input to the loan committee approval process.
- Assist in due diligence of financial institutions involved with multi-lender loans.
- Observe Relationship Managers, Loan Closers and Financial Specialists roles and responsibilities.
- Participate in field inspections and customer interactions with appraisal staff and lenders.
- Assist in review of loan documentation for exposure to legal requirements.
- Attend staff meetings and participate in credit discussions.
- Promote Farm Credit Services of America through various public activities.
- Research industry information.
- Complete special projects assigned by the leader.
- Currently pursuing a bachelors or master’s degree in Ag Business, Accounting, Finance, Agricultural Economics, Animal Science or similar degree
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong desire to pursue a career involving sales, marketing and territory management.
- Available for a 12-week internship during summer of 2021
- Qualified interns will receive a competitive hourly wage and $500 sign-on bonus
- Relocation assistance is available