**Will be filled at the appropriate level based on experience**
Do you thrive in a work environment where you must multi-task and have strong organizational skills? Are you a go-getter with high initiative, a positive attitude and strong customer service experience? Are you able to work with limited direction? If so, this could be a great opportunity for you!
Who We Are: With Farm Bureau Financial Services, our client/members can feel confident knowing their family, home, cars and other property are protected. We value a culture where integrity, teamwork, passion, service, leadership and accountability are at the heart of every decision we make and every action we take. We’re proud of our more than 80-year commitment to protecting the livelihoods and futures of our client/members and creating an atmosphere where our employees thrive.
What You’ll Do: As a Property Claims Representative, you will investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle assigned claims involving multi-line insurance coverage. You must investigate the cause of the loss, interpret the policy, and determine whether the loss is covered. You will also determine the value of loss and assists in setting reasonable reserves. As a Property Claims Representative, you must keep a service-oriented attitude at all times by maintaining professional and productive relationships with coworkers, supervisors, agents, agency managers, claimants, policyholders, engineers, restoration specialists, general contractors, attorneys, and others. You will work out of our Omaha, Nebraska office and cover the surrounding territories on a rotational basis.
What It Takes to Join Our Team:
- College degree or equivalent plus 1 year of experience is required. Previous claims experience is a plus.
- Insurance and basic building material knowledge is strongly preferred.
- High attention to detail, strong organizational skills and a good work ethic.
- Exceptional customer service skills, including strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work under all kinds of weather conditions and fully appraise all physical aspects of the property and buildings, which includes climbing on ladders.
- Strong computer skills are required in order to quickly learn our multiple systems.
- Continued progress towards industry education and maintenance of designations is expected.
- A valid driver’s license and satisfactory Motor Vehicle Records are required.
- Some travel with overnight stays.
- Must attend training schools as required.
What We Offer You: When you’re on our team, you get more than a great paycheck. You’ll hear about career development and educational opportunities. We offer an enhanced 401K with a match, low cost health, dental, and vision benefits, and life and disability insurance options. We also offer paid time off, including holidays and volunteer time, as well as a company car and cell phone. Farm Bureau….where the grass really IS greener!
If you’re interested in joining a company that appreciates its employees, provides growth and professional development opportunities, and offers great benefits, we invite you to apply today!