Are you looking for real-world experience right now? If so, we have an internship for you! Gain valuable experience as a P&C Actuarial Intern.
What You’ll Do: In this role, you will be providing support to actuarial staff and assisting in basic actuarial functions and insurance concepts. Types of project you can expect to be involved in include:
- Develop rate level and rating factor revisions for annual line of business rate changes
- Develop a working knowledge of automation to validate rating factors as well as actuarial processes, reports, and exhibits
- Compiling information regarding competitor rating and coverage
- Working with our competitive rating tool and internal data to compile reports and maps relating to competitive prices
- Utilizing SQL and excel to profile data
- Learning about database structures
Our internship program holds an 80/10/10 approach, meaning that 80% of your work time will involve performing tasks or working on projects within your hired work area. Another 10% of the time, you will be exposed to learning in other areas within your assigned division to get more corporate experience. The final 10% will be spent on shared experiences across the organization, where you will get to really learn about our culture and work environment.
What It Takes to Join Our Team:
- Be dependable and able to work full time hours during the summer months (roughly 10 weeks).
- Working toward a college degree in Data Science or Actuarial Science is preferred. Completion of an actuarial exam is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge and substantial working experience with spreadsheets and be able to apply to actuarial related problems.
- Knowledge of programming or statistical software packages such as VBA, SQL, R or SAS.
- Above average mathematical and analytical ability to be able to analyze and resolve difficult problems.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills required.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to read, write and speak the English language is also required.
Get your career started on the right track and apply for an internship with us today!