Greving Farms is a mid-size cow/calf feedlot and row crop operation located in Prairie View, KS. We are currently seeking an experienced and dedicated Full-Time Cattle Manager.
The Cattle Manager must present oneself in a positive and professional manner, and is responsible for: overseeing cattle sites, cattle health, achieving assigned goals and maintaining the budget related to cattle operations. This oversight and reporting include safety, biosecurity, staff scheduling, planning, and efficient addressing all cattle operation needs.
· Oversee the gathering of livestock and help with marking, vaccinations, worming, treating, and shipping of animals, including tracking and monitoring when cattle need to be vaccinated implanted or shipped in feedlot.
· Check and maintain livestock fencing, watering systems, farm buildings and equipment on a routine basis, including electric fencing. Assure all gates are closed and secure.
· Monitor cow herd during calving season.
· Keep record of breeding groups, cow fertility and herd record book.
· Assist in the hiring, training, monitoring, and evaluating of all employees working with cattle, including contacting, and lining up day workers when needed.
· Build and maintain positive relationships with suppliers, vet conultants and nutrition consultants.
· Assist owner in heifer retention selection and bull selection for the cow herd.
Successful candidates will have a positive attitude, good oral communication skills and be able to effectively listen to, understand and exchange information with farm owner and staff.
Greving Farm offers a competitive salary, paid time off and paid holidays!
· High school diploma, or GED
· 5+ years’ experience working, and handling cattle operations is required
· Some supervision or management experience, desired
· Knowledge and understanding of antibiotics and vaccines used in cattle
· Good horsemanship skill, desired
· BQA certification program is desired
· Good horsemanship skills and experience with cattle software/technology is a plus!
Apply NOW! Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via Handshake or Indeed.com