Facebook – Software Engineer/Co-Op Opportunity!
Want to build new features and products that touch more than a billion people around the world? Want to build new features that improve existing products like Photos, Groups, NewsFeed, Search, and Messaging? Want to solve unique, large-scale, highly complex technical problems?
Our development cycle is extremely fast, and we’ve built tools to keep it that way. It’s common to write code and have it running live on the site hours later. If you work for us you will make an impact, immediately.
Facebook is seeking interns/co-ops to join our engineering team. As a Software Engineer Intern, you’ll drive the development of systems behind Facebook’s products, create web applications that reach millions of people, build high volume servers and be a part of a team that’s working to help connect people around the globe.
This internship/co-op has a minimum twelve (12) week duration.
Software Engineer, Intern/Co-op Responsibilities
- Code high-volume software using primarily C++ and Java
- Create web applications using primarily PHP
- Build report interfaces and data feeds
- 1 or more years of experience with perl, java, php, python, or c++
- Must be currently enrolled in a full-time, degree-seeking program and in the process of obtaining a Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
- Demonstrated software engineering experience from previous internship, work experience, coding competitions, or publications
- Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op
- High levels of creativity and quick problem-solving capabilities