The Production Intern will assist or lead in a variety of Production functions including reagent production and dispensing, label application, and kitting of finished goods. The position will work within defined protocols and procedures and may assist in developing and documenting new procedures for Operations.
include but are not limited to the following:
· Perform simple buffer preparation and manual dispensing, support Automated Fill/Cap/Label processes, and kitting of finished goods.
· Prepare quality records as directed by standard operating procedures.
· Support inventory management via KANBAN system for raw materials, intermediates, disposables and spare parts related to the Production areas.
· Assist with continuous improvement projects and support other area needs dependent on demand.
· Assist in generating Deviations, Non-Conformance Material Reports, Change Orders/Change requests, and other quality documentation.
· Perform other related duties as assigned by management, such as cleaning of Production laboratory spaces.
· Strong communication skills and ability to coordinate work with other teams.
· Ability to follow written procedures with direction.
· Strong documentation skills and attention to detail necessary in a GMP environment.
· Ability to perform daily work assignments accurately, and in a timely and safe manner.
· Ability to cooperate with coworkers within an organized team environment or work alone with supervision.
· Ability to manage time effectively to complete work in expected time frames.
· Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
· Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
· Support and comply with the company’s safety and environmental procedures.
· Regular and reliable attendance.
· Ability to lift up to 40 pounds for approximately 25% of a typical working day.
· Ability to work seated for approximately 20% of a typical working day. Ability to work standing for approximately 80% of a typical working day.
· Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 50% of a typical working day.
· Ability and means to travel between Madison or locations.
· Enrollment towards a Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences or related field.
· Basic computer skills to include Internet navigation, Email usage, and word processing.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office.
· Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
· Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- General laboratory equipment experience.
- Preference given to candidate with a record of outstanding academic achievement (3.5+ GPA).
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.