This position is based in Redwood City, California
This Graduate Intern position will support the Product Lifecycle Management (PLcM) area in the Precision Oncology Business Unit. PLcM works across R&D, Medical and Commercial teams to provide strategic business direction for our cancer testing portfolio from pre-launch through product end-of-life.
Depending on business needs and your interests, potential projects include:
· Product launch review
· Product launch preparation
· Business war game planning
· Market evaluations
· Business case development
· Market research and/or competitive analysis
In addition to the stated duties, you will be working alongside industry experts on challenging topics and make meaningful contributions to the future of cancer testing.
Include but are not limited to the following:
· Gather unstructured raw material & data and transform into actionable business insights.
· Compile findings into clear & concise communications for dissemination.
· Influence coworkers and manage vendors to execute and deliver on projects.
· Monitor marketplace for developments and competitor moves.
· Plan and conduct business meetings to maximize impact.
· Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
· Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
· Regular and reliable attendance.
· Physical requirements
o Ability to work seated for approximately 75% of a typical working day. Ability to work standing for approximately 25% of a typical working day.
o Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 80% of a typical working day.
o Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective equipment requirements.
· Travel Requirements
o Ability to travel between Exact Sciences locations.
o Ability to travel 10% of working time away from work location, may include overnight/weekend travel.
· Currently enrolled in penultimate year of a Graduate degree program
· Bachelor’s degree in life sciences or business administration or related fields.
· Prior work experience in the biotechnology, pharmaceuticals or management consulting industries.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
· Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Prior work experience in product management.
- Knowledge and experience in cancer diagnostics.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.