Through hands-on experience as well as observational and mentorship activities, the Platform Lifecycle IT Intern will have the opportunity to learn about Software Product Management, Information Technology, Agile Software Development, Biotechnology and working in a real business environment.
This internship will support the strategy and lifecycle management in the key area of Customer Experience and Integrations. This suite of systems includes the online physician portals, order management, patient reports, and integrations platform. The Platform Lifecycle IT Intern will work with internal and external stakeholders to define high level features that will be delivered to our analysis and engineering teams supporting the commercial and operational success for the Precision Oncology and International business units within Exact Sciences. This is a cross-functional role that will partner with all aspects of the organization including customer service, clinical, laboratory operations, sales, marketing sales operations, finance, information technologies, program management, legal functions, and third-party partners.
Primary responsibilities will be to provide support services to Exact Sciences employees; primarily in the Redwood City, CA location, but remote support for geographically diverse employees.
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with creating and maintaining high level requirements and feature backlog for the Online Physician Portals, Order Management, Reports and Integrations.
- Engage directly with customers to gain an in-depth understanding of their processes, needs, and pain points.
- Participate in implementation of innovative enhancements that will be used by internal and external customers.
- Define and author epics, goals, features and software requirements documentation.
- Assist with intake for platform requests and author business cases to support prioritization of deliverables.
- Assist in working with third party vendor to conduct usability studies to capture voice of the customer and perform competitive analysis and market research to help guide platform planning.
- Contribute to a long-term product vision, roadmap and goals.
- Participate in user acceptance testing for releases.
- Ability to effectively distill a large amount of complex customer, clinical, market, and technical data from multiple sources into a clear value proposition and to articulate and communicate this value proposition to a range of internal audiences.
· Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
· Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to travel between facilities in the metropolitan area as needed.
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, and vendors in person, via the telephone or by email.
- Constant walking or motion to coordinate work and interact with co-workers.
Education and Experience
- Actively pursuing educational advancement through a secondary or post-secondary institution.
- Appetite to learn; general business acumen.
- Demonstrated aptitude for technology and an interest in pursuing a career in information technology.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.