Through hands-on experience as well as observational and mentorship activities, the EIM IT Intern will have the opportunity to learn about several aspects of Information Technology, Biotechnology and working in a real business environment.
Primary responsibilities will be to provide support services to Exact Sciences employees; primarily in the Madison locations, but remote support for geographically diverse employees.
Essential Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Understanding of Data Model Tools and Data Life Cycles.
- Design, build, and analyze the Existing data Models and Tuning the Data Models to fit the Business requirements.
- Collaborate with Architects and other Data Specialists to identify opportunities for Tuning and enhancing the existing data Models.
- Evaluate Graph DB and design a data Model that fits both Graph and data science needs.
- Knowledge about Data Quality, Metadata Management, and other areas of Data Management
- Understanding on Best practices for Data Governance and fixing the Data Quality Issues
- Proof of concepts for various Data Governance techniques
- Ability to use computers daily in an interactive manner for extended periods of time and up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to travel between facilities in the metropolitan area as needed.
- Ability to frequently and accurately communicate with employees, customers, and vendors in person, via the telephone or by email.
- Constant walking or motion to coordinate work and interact with co-workers.
Education and Experience
- Currently enrolled in bachelor’s program in junior or senior standing.
- Appetite to learn; general business acumen.
· Demonstrated aptitude for technology and an interest in pursuing a career in information technology.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.