SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
JOB TITLE: Intern – Operations Compliance Analyst
DEPARTMENT: Generation Engineering – 1KC
LOCATION: Kansas City, MO
PAY RANGE: $15.00 – $18.00
Scheduled Work Hours: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (Other hours as required)
It’s never too early to start searching for your dream career. If you’re ready to apply the principles you’ve been learning at school in the real world, Evergy is the place for you. Hands-on experience is what our internship programs are all about. Our programs offer students an opportunity to gain insight and meaningful experience while also allowing us to identify talented prospective employees. Many of our interns go on to develop successful careers at Evergy.
As an intern, you’ll have real responsibilities, and you’ll work on productive assignments with actual business interactions. We know that you work hard, so we help you play hard while you are here. We provide a number of intern events throughout the summer to burn some extra energy, including volunteer events, power plant tours, lunch and learns, and more
Reporting to the Supervisor, Generation Compliance, this position will support the Operations Compliance team on capturing evidence of compliance with applicable reliability and cyber security standards. In addition, this position will build cross-functional relationships to iteratively collaborate, simplify processes and develop innovative analytical and automation solutions with the goal to improve accuracy, speed, consistency and reliability. The primary goal of this work will be to automate key compliance tasks in order to provide long term efficiencies while adhering to federally mandated compliance requirements.
Job tasks include but not limited to:
- Partner with internal stakeholders to identify opportunities by analyzing and understanding data and processes.
- Assess feasibility for internal automation opportunities. Technically scope problems and optimal solutions.
- Assist compliance team with evidence gathering and analysis of evidence quality in support of reliability audit.
- Iteratively collaborate across colleagues and customers during product development and QA to make sure it fits design and solves business problems.
- Perform other work as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Candidates must be currently enrolled in a university program in one of the following: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Industrial Engineering.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required:
- Must be dependable, self-motivated, and detail-oriented and have excellent organizational and proofreading skills.
- Strong investigative, problem solving and analytical skills with ability to extract key themes and determine root causes.
- Ability to understand business process workflow diagrams or procedural documentation.
- Must possess the ability to work and communicate effectively with other company personnel.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets and databases preferred.
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities and operate efficiently and effectively in high stress environment.
Most work will be performed within an office environment, but conditions may vary between office and field environments. Time will be spent in an office as well as the field environment with hands-on work. Travel will be required to support field personnel. Must have a satisfactory work record including good attendance.
Evergy has a clear mission – To empower a better future. Evergy chooses to live this mission by valuing People First. We know to accomplish becoming the most innovative and reliable energy company, we need a team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. So, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We are committed to celebrating diversity and building a team where everyone – regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status – has a voice and can bring their best every day. We know that the more diverse and inclusive we are, the better we will be. Evergy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Disclaimer: The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Want to Learn More?
This spring, we will be hosting General and University-Specific info sessions. In these sessions we will go over Evergy, our Intern program, and also have breakout rooms with our business, engineering, and IT employees to ask questions and learn about what they do on a daily basis. If you’re interested, you can sign up on our website: https://www.evergy.com/internships.