Engage, Excite, Entertain.
Events DC is the face of conventions, sports, entertainment and cultural events within our nation’s capital. As the official convention and sports authority for the District of Columbia, Events DC leverages the beauty, history and diversity of the most powerful city in the world to attract and promote an extensive variety of events, resulting in amazing experiences for residents and visitors alike, and generating economic and community benefits for the city.
Our success comes by focusing on divisions that reflect three lines of business: Conventions and Meetings, Sports and Entertainment, and Special Events, where we make a range of strategic investments in the region’s marquee sports, entertainment and cultural properties. Each division is driven by the desire to bring stellar events to Washington, DC by providing superior customer service to our clients and visitors.
The intern will perform entry level professional duties providing the opportunity for professional training in various departments. The intern will perform assigned duties to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures and standards required for successful performance. Assignments serve to offer practical experience and broad exposure to the hospitality industry. A wide range of college majors are considered based on specific needs of department such as: Sports Management, Communications, Event Management, Hospitality, and Public Relations.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
· Excellent command of the English language, with good writing, proofreading and editing skills.
· Ability to express ideas and convey information effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Ability to work independently and as a team player.
· Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and a wide customer base.
· Ability to demonstrate a pleasant, neat and professional appearance.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule. (Typical work week will be days.)
ADA ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
· Ability to read and write instructions, directions, letters, memos and other written materials.
· Undergraduate college student.
· PC, and Microsoft Office proficiency.
· Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills.
· Ability to work independently and as a team.
Excellent customer service skills.