Application period is open through the end of April. Please apply via the link and we will be in touch soon after. Internship is 10-12 weeks, pending student’s summer availability. Generally the program will run through early June to end of August.
Who we are:
Essex Property Trust, Inc. (NYSE: ESS) is an S&P 500 Real Estate Investment Trust that acquires, develops, redevelops, and manages multi-family apartment communities. We are the only true West Coast player in the Multifamily REIT industry with 60,000+ units in large metropolitan areas spread across California and Washington. Essex has a long track record of success and the highest total return of all public U.S. REITs since our IPO in 1994.
What we have for you:
Essex is offering an exciting opportunity for you to be an integral part of our Property Management team through our Leasing Internship Program.
- 10-12-week program that will focus on foundational real estate career skills, such as providing an exceptional customer experience and understanding lease structures and fair housing laws.
- You will also use cutting edge real estate software to successfully navigate prospects through the lifecycle of leasing an apartment home, from virtual tours to follow up to move in, as well as learn creative marketing methods specific to the apartment industry.
- In addition to learning the ins and outs of property management you will have the opportunity to meet with senior members of the Asset Management department. You will learn about the various phases of professional real estate investment and management firms.
- Finally, you will gain experience with an S&P 500 – Real Estate Investment Trust, competitive pay, and commissions. Successful interns may be eligible for a full-time property management role.
The Opportunity to Learn:
As a Leasing Intern you will have the opportunity to work with an amazing team and learn the following:
Top notch customer services skills
- Market and lease available apartment homes within your assigned communities.
- Provide a quality in-person or virtual leasing experience to future residents while presenting community features and available amenities.
- Assisting residents with work-orders and other related items.
Multiple ways to market and sell:
- Cross sell ancillary products and services complementary to apartment homes such as storage units and parking spaces
Ways to become an Organizational and Administrative Expert:
- Handling all administrative duties related to the on-site sales and marketing function
- Following compliance with company standards as defined in the Human Resources Policy Manual, Operations Playbook and applicable laws, e.g., Fair Housing, Landlord Tenant, Local Building Codes, OSHA, and EEO
What you have for Essex
- A passion for sales, marketing and operations
- A desire to learn and grow from an industry leader
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude and a customer service spirit.
- Must have strong communication, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Recent college graduate; entering Senior year OK
- Must be able to work a 5-day work week, which will include Saturdays and Sundays throughout the 10- to 12-week internship program. Days off will be specified during the interview.
- As needed, be able to work from home with your own personal computer and other devices.
- Exercise discretion as it relates to confidential resident, property and company information.
- Job is intermittently sedentary, but requires mobility (i.e., climb stairs) to tour community daily.
- Will use some repetitive motion of hands/wrists using a computer.
- Requires light lifting.