Epic Games Unreal Engine Editor Tools Team is looking for a smart, creative Tools Programmer Intern to join them for Summer 2021. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
This team is responsible for enhancing and maintaining core systems of Unreal Engine 4, with a focus in the editor tools framework and many of the user facing tools used to build content. You will work directly with the brightest technical minds in the business as we build the premier game engine for a multitude of platforms.
- Working closely with the Tools team members to create and implement new engine features
- Working with the artists and designers on building content creation tools
- Improving existing features in the engine editor
- Investigating and fixing bugs to improve the overall editor experience
- Strong C++ knowledge
- Strong background in math and logic
- Solid communication skills and strong work ethic
- Game engine fundamentals, UE4 experience a plus
- Experience with core system tasks, such as graphics, tools, audio/video, networking, memory handling, script compilers, I/O, etc.
- We would like to see samples of your technical work online (Github, personal site, etc.)
This is a paid, remote internship for Summer 2021. All candidates must be eligible to work 40 hours per week remotely. Recruitment will run until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students
This is going to be Epic!