Epic Games is on the lookout for smart, dynamic interns to join our dev teams. When you join Epic you’ll join a team that’s pushing the limits of gaming and interactive. From Unreal Engine to Fortnite, to TwinMotion and the Epic Games Store, you’ll contribute to the unrelenting focus on innovation, quality and community that defines us.
Epic Games is looking for a Technical Artist Intern to collaborate with the Enterprise team, helping out various projects touching architecture, automotive, product design and virtual production. You will use various modeling and texturing tools as well as the Unreal Engine to set a new standard for artistic excellence by collaborating and delivering excellent textured assets.
- Aid with new tool development using Blueprint scripts
- Implement content optimizations
- Develop guidelines and workflows to ensure best practices across creative team
- Collaborate and deliver excellent finished products
- Lead Outsourcing efforts and provide guidelines
- Great technical knowledge and familiarity of Unreal Engine
- Skills in one or more modeling DCC (Maya, Max, ZBrush, Blender)
- Texture painting skills (Photoshop, Substance Painter / Designer)
- Ability to create node-based logic (materials, blueprints)
- Knowledge of lighting and rendering in Unreal Engine
- Basic knowledge of UI/UX design
- Experience of FX (especially for the Niagara system) is considered a plus
- Experience with procedural workflows is considered a plus (Houdini)
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
This is a paid, remote internship for Summer 2021. All candidates must be eligible to work 40 hours per week remotely. Recruitment will run until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students
This is going to be Epic!