The Epic Games Physics Simulation team is looking for a smart, creative Destruction Simulation Intern to join us for Summer 2021. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
As a Destruction Intern you will collaborate with our Chaos Destruction simulation group which is composed of veteran engineers and artists from both the games and visual effects industries. You will be challenged with problems that support Unreal’s Chaos destruction system, ranging from validation of the Chaos API to assisting in the development of game effecting artistic controls. If you have a deep interest in learning about artistically controllable simulation systems then this might be the internship for you!
● Supporting the simulation engineers on the team and validation of the Chaos API.
● Designing and implementing artistic controls that affect the simulation results.
● Bug fixing within the solver to gain a deeper understanding of the system.
● Experience coding in C++
● Solid foundation in Mathematics and Physics
● Basic understanding of physical simulation and how game engines work.
This is a paid, remote internship for Summer 2021. All candidates must be eligible to work 40 hours per week remotely. Recruitment will run until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students
This is going to be Epic!