Epic Games Unreal Engine Networking Team is looking for a smart, creative Network Programmer Intern to join them for Summer 2021. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
The Networking team is responsible for enhancing and maintaining the core networking systems of Unreal Engine, including the low-level protocols used for game traffic, how networking features are exposed to games and used by designers and gameplay programmers, and client and server optimization for multiple platforms. You will work directly with the brightest technical minds in the business as we build the premier game engine for a multitude of platforms.
- Working closely with the Unreal Engine team on improving the UE network protocol, UE replay system, and investigating and fixing networking and replication bugs.
- Developing solutions to various technical challenges under deadlines
- Implementing functional test cases
- Suggested degree work in CS or equivalent experience
- Strong C++ knowledge
- Demonstrated interest in game development
- Demonstrated interest in computer networking, knowledge of protocols such as TCP and UDP a plus
- Experience working with optimization and multithreaded systems a plus
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 preferred
This is a paid, remote internship for Summer 2021. All candidates must be eligible to work 40 hours per week remotely. Recruitment will run until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students
This is going to be Epic!