Epic Games Strategic Finance Team is looking for a smart, creative Finance Intern to join them for Summer 2021. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
The Strategic Finance team is responsible for working closely with Epic’s businesses units to create and maintain short- and long-term financial forecasts and reports on performance. These financial forecasts will be underpinned by KPIs and reflect the highly iterative and evolving strategies of the business. Together with business leaders, you will determine business targets to meet our objectives and put in place systems to measure and report on performance. Through analysis and market research you will help prioritize organic and inorganic initiatives and roadmap plans, evaluate its financial and strategic return on investment, prioritize it across the Company’s portfolio of opportunities, help plan resourcing, monitor KPIs to benchmarks and manage the business units’ success. You will align the goals of the organization and provide visibility and transparency to executives on financial performance, KPIs and operating metrics.
- Build short and long-term financial models underpinned by KPIs to support business unit and company strategy
- Partner with business leaders to identify and measure short and long term strategic, financial and operating targets
- Identify, model and present user engagement, adoption and financial implications of business strategy
- Prioritize capital investment and personnel resources across the company
- Drive organic and inorganic growth initiatives through planning, financial modeling, resourcing and managing the initiatives through success
- Support gaming specific M&A diligence efforts and post-acquisition integration efforts
- Develop network of industry contacts, collection of research resources to bring knowledge of market trends, benchmarks and opportunities to bear on strategic decisions
- Coursework in data analytics, engineering, finance, accounting, economics or pursuing a BBA or MBA
- Have an inherent interest in Finance and the business of a video games
- Experience in technology; prior understanding of gaming, entertainment, and/or software is a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel (complex formulas, vlookups, and pivot tables).
- Strong communications, presentation, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to summarize key financial and operational issues to leadership.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with internal and external partners
- Independent and self-starter who is passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative.
This is a paid, remote internship for Summer 2021. All candidates must be eligible to work 40 hours per week remotely. Recruitment will run until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students
This is going to be Epic!