At Emile, our mission is simple: Deliver the most effective and engaging online learning experience for today’s high school students.
Founded in October 2020, Emile is a new kind of online learning platform that enables every student, regardless of their background to access effective and engaging online learning content to succeed in education. Our classes are comprised of 4-8 minute videos taught by high school teachers and college TAs with 100k+ social followings. Emile allows students to take courses their current high schools don’t offer or recover credit for courses they need to make up. We also provide content for students to ace their AP exams or for those who may struggle with traditional curriculum.
As featured in TechCrunch, Emile is one of the hottest companies in edtech. We were founded by 3 Latinx gentlemen with backgrounds from UBER, McKinsey, Harvard, Dun and Bradstreet, and UPENN. We have backing from top venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins, Bessemer Venture Partners, the Uber Alumni Syndicate, and a list of angel investors including Steven Galanis CEO of Cameo, John Thornton (Former President of Goldman Sachs), and multiple professional athletes.
The growth team is a fast-paced team that is a highly collaborative and consultive group that solves problems and is responsible for the growth and retention of Emile’s students, schools, and districts partnerships. As a Growth Intern you will be a valuable team member that will provide cross-functional support to marketing, . You should be comfortable with writing cold outbound messages, participating in client meetings, and working in a fast-paced, high velocity environment
- Understanding of Emile’s products and educational platform
- Collaborate and communicate with the Emile growth team and fellow interns from across the country
- Solve complex problems students and schools encounter encounter the growth and student success teams
- Assist the growth team in collecting customer feedback and communicating relevant feedback to Emile’s leadership team
- Stay up to date with virtual learning trends
- Educate potential customers about Emile’s products and value proposition, while representing Emile’s brand and building trust
🎖️ What we value
- Positive Attitude
- Comfortability in a fast paced environment
- Passion for Education
- Team player
🎖️ What you will gain
- First-hand experience in venture backed startup
- Training sessions on the best practices in early stage sales and marketing tactics
- Opportunity to provide input into the strategy of Emile
- Gain community building skills
It’s essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day and you place your well-bring above all else. We are an inclusive community that values diversity, equity, and inclusion. We don’t just say it, we mean it. Our 3 founders are Latinx, more than half of the team is female, and we focus on serving schools and districts who have been traditionally underserved. At Emile, we have 9 core values that guide our mission – you’ll learn more about these when you join ;).
We are based in Los Angeles, however, our intern program is remote. If you are based in Los Angeles or the Southland, we encourage you to come into the office and embrace our culture in-person. Time commitment is 10-20 hours.