Job Overview & Responsibilities:
We are seeking highly motivated applicants to join Ecolab’s Technical Sales (Account Manager) Internship program for our Food & Beverage division. Our interns gain valuable hands-on experience in the food & beverage manufacturing industry by learning the various components involved in servicing Ecolab customers.
Interns will work closely with existing Account Managers in customer plant environments, focusing on food safety and food quality through the use of effective, efficient sanitation products and processes. As strong business partners, our Account Managers work with customers to develop sanitation plans and programs, evaluate processes and procedures, and identify and implement operational efficiencies. Not only do our interns learn the daily responsibilities of an Ecolab Account Manager, but they also work on specific value-add projects throughout the summer for which they ultimately present the findings to our leadership team.
Additionally, our interns are given exposure to potential career path roles within the organization and are given consideration for our full-time entry level Account Manager in Training opportunities upon graduation.
- Work alongside successful Account Managers and other field associates to learn customers’ operations, understand their cleaning challenges, and devise solutions to meet their needs
- Cultivate business relationships with all levels of plant staff through professional demeanor & interpersonal skills
- Apply mechanical aptitude to repair, adjust, test & install Ecolab chemical dispensing systems & food, beverage & dairy processing equipment including clean in place (CIP) equipment & systems
- Monitor product performance & adjust chemical concentration levels to advance operational efficiency & effectiveness
- Provide industry expertise & training to customers regarding plant sanitation, standard operating procedures & issues of food safety/quality
- Introduce new product/service offerings to existing accounts to help them disinfect surfaces in a plant facility
- Learn how to successfully prospect to generate new business
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in dairy, food or agricultural science, engineering, chemistry, or related major – to be completed Spring/early Summer 2022 or Dec 2021
- Willingness & ability to work off hours, including nights & weekends
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable motor vehicle record, and access to a personal vehicle
- Permanent U.S. resident (no current/future sponsorship)
- Experience within the food, beverage or dairy processing/manufacturing industries
- Mechanical aptitude & problem solving ability
- Relationship management & consulting abilities
- Self-motivation & drive for results
- Effective organizational/time management skills
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Bilingual skills – English/Spanish
This internship is a field internship, and location will vary.
Currently targeting the following locations:
Twin Falls, ID
Los Angeles, CA
NW Ohio or S. Michigan
Eastern PA or NJ
St. Paul, MN
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.