Corporate Communications & Content Intern
eBay is a global commerce leader that allows people to shape how the world buys, sells, and gives. We empower others and put people at the heart of everything we do, whether those people are our customers, our communities or our own team. At eBay, you can just be yourself, do your best work, and have a meaningful impact on people around the world. We are looking for individuals with drive, ideas, and a passion for helping small businesses succeed to help shape the future of eBay—does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to talk to you.
About our team:
The Corporate Communications team is responsible for managing, promoting and protecting the company’s reputation as well as bringing the company to life across owned and earned channels. We play a critical role in eBay’s strategy, positioning the company as a global leader in the commerce evolution. One of our primary areas of focus has been to protect eBay’s reputation through issues management, promote eBay’s business strategy, and bring the company’s Purpose to life. We are composed of communications professionals who activate a modern, robust, and dynamic communications system that deploys ground-breaking tools, technologies and techniques to drive business impact. We are propelling eBay’s Purpose by elevating its Global Impact, highlighting how eBay builds a better, more sustainable form of commerce—where people are empowered, causes are supported, and economic opportunities are available to all.
As a Corporate Communications & Content summer intern, you will be a part of a leading team, helping to tell stories that highlight what sets eBay apart. You will receive first-hand experience in the communications field, opportunities to pitch creative ideas that help drive awareness and consideration for media and for our corporate website and corporate social channels.
This position will work directly with eBay’s Corporate Communications Public Relations and Content teams. They will be responsible for assisting with, developing, implementing, and monitoring projects under the direction of their manager. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
● Support media relations efforts, including creating pitches, media lists and coverage reporting.
● Compile reports on industry news and competitor updates to share among larger team.
● Brainstorm creative tactical ideas that can help eBay resonate with millennial and Gen Z audiences.
● Support company announcements with blog and social posts.
● Aggregate news articles each week, providing summaries and implications for eBay.
● Provide writing, editing and social media support for eBay’s corporate channels, including ebayinc.com, Twitter and LinkedIn.
● Provide publishing and metrics/analytics support for ebayinc.com.
● Provide operational support to the PR team through monthly/quarterly reporting and tracking, and metrics.
● Support corporate awards program, including tracking and managing submissions as needed.
● Currently enrolled as a student, 0-3 years of relevant work experience in an accredited Bachelors, Masters or PhD program within the United States graduating after December 2021 or enrolled as a MBA student, 3-5 years of relevant work experience in an accredited MBA program within the United States graduating after December 2021.
● General understanding of Public Relations/Communications and of the retail and ecommerce industries.
● Preference for academic studies in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or Journalism.
● Superb verbal, written, storytelling and editing skills with the ability to translate narratives into different formats, from story pitches to presentations.
● Strong organizational and project management skills. Ability to balance a variety of detailed tasks and work efficiently under deadlines.
● Self-starter that is independent and able to help lead small projects.
● Empathy, good emotional intelligence, and cultural sensitivity.
● Able to harness new media effectively with a keen understanding of all types of owned and earned media/channels.
● Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Docs; Adobe Photoshop is a plus.