eBay empowers people and creates economic opportunity for everyone. eBay’s marketplace brings people together to spark unexpected joy.
About the job: eBay hires interns with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to address some of the greatest challenges in an online marketplace. eBay interns make an impact on millions of buyers and sellers globally. At eBay interns routinely work on massive data sets, large-scale systems, and entirely new platforms for buyers and sellers. This role will be within our Marketing Tech organization.
- Work with large, complex, and dynamic data sets on open-ended problems using analytical and machine learning methods. Conduct end to end analysis from processing data, building models, running offline experiments to making recommendations, and presenting your results.
- Interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of people and teams. Work closely with engineers to identify opportunities for, design, and assess improvements to eBay’s marketing systems.
- Provide research on topics including Marketing’s strategy, business model, and novel marketing techniques.
- Produce quantitative and qualitative modeling of business dynamics, buyer behaviors.
- Create a proof of concept demonstration of your approach.
- Currently pursuing a Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, computer science, physics, applied mathematics, operations research, or economics, graduating December 2021+; 0-3 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in R or Python scikit.
- Experience using technology to work with datasets such as scripting, machine learning, or an “autoML” framework
- Experience with statistical methods — linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic processes, and sampling
- Track record of developing intellectual capital such as published works in refereed academic conferences or journals
- Effective analytical and technical, and coding skills
- Basic familiarity with SQL