Easy Event Planning LLC (EEP) offers entirely virtual, flexible internships. You can name your start and end dates. We’ve been developing leaders in a supportive, engaging environment for many years. This is the first time we’re specifically looking to work with students who are majoring or minoring in leadership. Students majoring in project management and operations management are also strongly encouraged to apply. Team leads report directly to (and receive mentoring from) the CEO.
EEP is a technology company that is changing the way people plan events. We have the most extensive event vendor directory in the United States (more than 400k profiles) and game-changing technology that no one has (an instant chat feature, for example). We are now building great content, and the site is poised to become very high-profile in the coming years.
We place all students on digital marketing teams of 5-10 students. Those teams could include students studying leadership, marketing, entrepreneurial studies, creative writing, hospitality, and more. We need team leads for each group. We also occasionally create functional teams that consist of students who want to gain more experience in a specific area like social media marketing or SEO. We look for project managers for those groups as well. Leadership here involves frequent communication with team/group members, assigning tasks, ensuring members record actual and estimated hours each week, leading weekly team meetings, motivating your team for excellence, and more. If you are not given a leadership position as soon as you come on at EEP, do not worry. Your team’s performance is always monitored, and if the position becomes available, we look for hardworking, responsive students to fill these roles.
This document goes into a more detailed description of our internship opportunities.
- Team Leadership positions require 15+ hours per week to dedicate enough time to ensure your team’s success.
- You must be highly responsive on Skype and email.
- Attend a weekly team lead meeting with the CEO Tuesdays at 1:00 PM PST/3:00 PM EST.
- Complete the company-wide daily task that is typically in support of our HonorAndThank.com initiative. It’s a site we created to recognize healthcare heroes risking their lives to save strangers. We want all students to complete this task, so you need to lead by example.
- Run two team meetings per week, one of which is typically attended by your Digital Marketing Coach and Intern Success Member.
- Keep track of meeting attendance.
- Provide feedback for evaluations team members need for their programs.
- Recognize team members for outstanding achievements.
- Encourage team members to complete the daily task, enter their hours worked and their estimated hours for the coming week.
- Inspire excellence among your team.
- Communicate important information to team members as needed.
- Divide up projects into tasks, assign them to members and follow up to make sure they’re done.
- Ensure your team always has tasks and follows the procedure to get more assigned in advance when needed.
- Address performance issues/conflicts if they arise.
- Take ownership of projects.
This is a highly competitive position. We’re looking for serious-minded students looking to learn, take the initiative, and build their resumes. You can work from home and create your own schedule. Most communication will take place via Zoom and Skype video, audio, and text communication. This is currently an unpaid internship position, academic credit is offered.
Check with your internship coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine if this fits within the requirements of an academic internship.
Easy Event Planning LLC is headquartered in Nevada. EIN 80-0188059. Business license available upon request. We abide by US Department of Labor Federal Internship Guidelines.