Join one of the largest and most dependable nonprofit organizations in the nation!
For nearly 100 years, Easterseals has been the indispensable resource for individuals and families facing disability by providing services that make positive differences in people’s lives every day. Easterseals Southern California provides a variety of services that are designed to help people live, learn, work and play in their communities.
Join us at easterseals.com/southerncal as we work to change the way the world defines and views disabilities so that everyone can achieve their personal goals. #DisabilityTogether.
Under general supervision, plans and conducts the daily activities of individuals to facilitate individual learning experiences and develops living skills consistent with the Individual Service Plan (ISP)/Individual Program Plan (IPP) objectives and Service Design.
- Supports daily activities using a variety of techniques to assist in the development of community life and safety skills consistent with the goals of the individual.
- Assists individuals with planning, preparing, and executing a weekly schedule of activities, providing life-long learning skills and learning experiences according to service-provided ISP and IPP goals and objectives.
- Provides assistance with personal care which may include nutrition, personal hygiene and supporting the individual to look his/her best.
- Assists in the development and implementation of a Service Plan consistent with the individual’s personal goals. Assists with assessments, planning, and the evaluation process for individuals. May attend meetings with stakeholders to recommend changes to the service plan.
- Maintains all assigned documentation and data, including ISP’s, quarterly and annual evaluations, and case notes
- Provides guidance to the Personal Assistants as necessary.
- HS diploma and 3 to 5 years’ experience, or equivalent combination of training, education and experience to perform the job successfully.
- One year experience working with people in a behavior management program.
- Ability to obtain and maintain both First Aid and CPR certifications.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Person Centered Programming approach to therapy to create purposeful and meaningful activities.
- Must possess basic computer skills; demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Applications (i.e. Excel).
- Ability to learn and demonstrate the safe use of all adaptive equipment related to the program.
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing; ability to interpret and carry out verbal and written instruction.
- Must be able to work in a team environment, practicing collaboration and cooperation; ability to be solution-oriented and creative.
- Must adhere to ethical practices and the core values of ESSC.
- Ability to provide assistance with personal care and transfer an individual who may have little to no weight bearing skills.
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds repetitively. Ability to walk, stand, stoop, and kneel for extended periods of time. Ability to push people who use wheelchairs on a variety of terrain and support people with other mobility needs as required.
- Ability to tolerate an outdoor work environment inclusive of a variety of weather conditions.
- Ability to pass a post-offer physical examination and a TB.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a criminal record/fingerprint clearance from the Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation per Easterseals and/or Service requirements.
- May be required to utilize personal vehicle to transport individuals locally, depending on service design and location; maintain driving record in compliance with Transportation Safety Standards; maintain auto insurance and vehicle registration; must have a minimum of 3 years’ driving experience.
Why work with Easterseals? Here’s a few great reasons:
- You will make an impactful change in children and the lives of people with disabilities! This is an opportunity to invest into individuals who truly need your help to maximize their great potential!
- We provide not just a job, but a meaningful career for service minded people! Join a team that is supportive, positive, and puts a focus on your individual growth.
- We offer pay progressions!
- To enhance your growth, we provide ongoing training as well.
- We offer awesome employee benefits!
- We offer highly competitive pay!
While we do our best when taking care of others, we take care of you, too. ESSC offers several employee benefits!
Come join our team and we look forward to speaking with you!