Why work with Easterseals? Here’s a few great reasons:
- You will make an impactful change in children and the lives of people with disabilities! This is an opportunity to invest into individuals who truly need your help to maximize their great potential!
- We provide not just a job, but a meaningful career for service minded people! Join a team that is supportive, positive, and puts a focus on your individual growth.
- We offer pay progressions!
- To enhance your growth, we provide ongoing training as well.
- We offer awesome employee benefits!
- We offer highly competitive pay!
While we do our best when taking care of others, we take care of you, too. ESSC offers several employee benefits!
The Food Service Worker sets up and serves meals, clean-up and maintains sanitary conditions in food service areas.
- Prepare, arrange and serve cooked and cold food to children or adults following prescribed menus.
- Remove dirty dishes; clean and sanitize serving and cooking utensils and food service areas.
- Maintain sanitation in areas of responsibility; transport and store supplies; manage trash, garbage and food waste.
- Maintain records of the amount of children and/or adults served meals and snacks.
- Receive and inventory meals and food supplies; notify supervisor of shortages and needed supplies and food items.
- Other assignments that may need the associate’s expertise, knowledge or ability.
- Possess valid Food Handler’s Card, if program requirement.
- Possess current pediatric (infant/toddler) CPR and first aid certificate, if program requirement.
- Exercise sound judgment, plan, establish and meet timelines.
- Ability to plan and prepare a wide variety of meals and snacks for preschool children, according to established nutritional menus, if program requirement.
- Ability to maintain an accurate inventory of food and supplies and order and stock supplies as needed.
- Ability to maintain appropriate records and reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively, through oral and written skills, and work cooperatively with a variety of individuals and groups. Must relate well to children and their families, if program requirement.
- Ability to stand for extended periods. Ability to lift 40 lbs continuously. Ability to reach, bend, stoop and squat. Possess fine manual dexterity, can push, pull, talk/hear, with near and far visual acuity/depth perception/color vision/field of vision.
- Ability to pass post-offer medical examination and test for tuberculosis.
- Ability to obtain fingerprint clearance per Easterseals Southern California and/or program requirements.
- Ability to travel locally, maintain driving record in compliance with Transportation Safety Standards, and have proper auto insurance and vehicle registration, if program requirement.
Join one of the largest and most dependable nonprofit organizations in the nation!
Easterseals Southern California provides a variety of services that are designed to help people live, learn, work and play in their communities. One of the services is the Easterseals Child Development Services (CDSs). This service provides a comprehensive, inclusive child development program for children birth to 5 years of age and their families.
We provide experiences and activities that are appropriate for the age and development of each individual child.
We continually improvs the lives of children and families through quality early child development services.
We believe quality early childhood education is the foundation for young children and will positively impact future generations.
We strive to empower families and ensure that they have the tools needed to build a strong future for their children.
Come join our team and we look forward to speaking with you!