Why work with Easterseals? Here’s a few great reasons:
- You will make an impactful change in children and the lives of people with disabilities! This is an opportunity to invest into individuals who truly need your help to maximize their great potential!
- We provide not just a job, but a meaningful career for service minded people! Join a team that is supportive, positive, and puts a focus on your individual growth.
- We offer pay progressions!
- To enhance your growth, we provide ongoing training as well.
- We offer awesome employee benefits!
- We offer highly competitive pay!
While we do our best when taking care of others, we take care of you, too. ESSC offers several employee benefits!
The Family Support Worker coordinates and implements or facilitates family development, community development, parent involvement, staff development for Early Head Start and Head Start Services. Provides comprehensive services to strengthen and supports family relationships, and provides links to community resources. Integrates all program service areas into family and community development.
- Coordinates intake and enrollment process. Conducts recruitment activities.
- Serve as a role model for family development, community involvement and parent involvement activities. In collaboration with Health Coordinator, ensures families receive timely referrals. Coordinate appropriate referrals for family and community development services, involving parents from the earliest possible opportunity.
- Plan, develop and assure implementation of Family and Community Development area services, in accordance with Head Start Performance Standards, policies and procedures and Easterseals Southern California (ESSC) standards of conduct.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of Family Partnership Agreements, beginning as soon as appropriate and continuing over the period of enrollment in the program, updating every three months.
- Coordinate the provision of Family Plan activities with other organizations, agencies or individuals involved in providing services to the family. Represents agency and provides presentations at assigned community groups and forums.
- Identify and incorporate resources into the program, information and/or referrals for families in the following areas: mental health, child care, substance abuse treatment, education, employment training, income support, transportation, pregnancy, health needs, safety, nutrition and other topics requested by family.
- Complete assigned paperwork, tracking reports and data input in a timely manner.
- Coordinate parent education and training and support for pregnant women, prenatal education, breast-feeding information and other health resources.
- Coordinate completion of family strengths and needs assessments within required timelines. Conducts and coordinates with educational staff parent meetings
- Ability to properly interpret and implement regulations, policies and procedures of Head Start Performance Standard, policies and procedures, the California Department of Education, Funding Terms and Conditions (Title 5), Child Development Division, the Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing program regulations (Title 22), and the policies and procedures of Easterseals Southern California, Inc.
- Possess up-to-date pediatric (infant/toddler) CPR and first aid certificate.
- AA Degree in social services, family development, mental health or similar field preferred.
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practices for early childhood family services.
- Ability to develop consistent and supportive relationships with families of very young children; must develop knowledge of parent involvement, cooperative family goal setting, supporting families through change.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of individuals and groups. Must relate well to children and their families.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and other related computer software.
- Pass FBI, Department of Justice and criminal background check.
- Present a clear TB test and pass a pre-employment physical.
- Exercise sound judgment, plan, establish and meet timelines.
- Ability to stand for extended periods. Ability to lift 40 lbs continuously. Ability to reach, bend, stoop and squat. Possess fine manual dexterity, can push, pull, talk/hear, with near and far visual acuity/depth perception/color vision/field of vision.
Join one of the largest and most dependable nonprofit organizations in the nation!
Easterseals Southern California provides a variety of services that are designed to help people live, learn, work and play in their communities. One of the services is the Easterseals Child Development Services (CDSs). This service provides a comprehensive, inclusive child development program for children birth to 5 years of age and their families.
We provide experiences and activities that are appropriate for the age and development of each individual child.
We continually improvs the lives of children and families through quality early child development services.
We believe quality early childhood education is the foundation for young children and will positively impact future generations.
We strive to empower families and ensure that they have the tools needed to build a strong future for their children.
Come join our team and we look forward to speaking with you!