DS+B is a firm that encourages our young professionals to “hit the ground running.” As an entry level tax intern you will have the opportunity to gain valuable public accounting experience working with clients of all different sizes in a fast-paced, hands-on learning environment.
What makes an outstanding intern? We value open communication and teamwork at DS+B. We are looking for the type of professional who asks questions and can quickly adapt to be part of a collaborative culture. We want young professionals who are hungry to learn, grow, and gain experience in many unique client and tax situations. Those who can mix ability, curiosity and collaboration are highly successful.
DS+B is committed to education and adapting the latest tax industry technology in a paperless environment. In addition, we offer professional skills development and an entrepreneurial client base that provides you with challenging, valued work as well as opportunities for career advancement. Many of our valued interns have gone on to become full-time employees within our growing tax and audit teams.
Tax internship responsibilities may include:
- Prepare tax returns for individuals and trusts to meet both government deadlines as well as client expectations.
- Assist with extension process for individual client tax returns
- Assist with generating Federal and State estimated tax payments and documentation for individual tax return clients.
- Participate in tax training sessions to increase working knowledge of various tax preparation software, including industry-leading applications in a paperless environment.
- Effectively communicate, both verbally and in written form, on various tax inquiries within the office and from the clients and/or their advisors.
- Perform other accounting duties as necessary to meet the responsibility of the tax intern position and client expectations.
- Demonstrate the flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks assigned, including special projects.
Projects may include:
- Prepare individual and trust tax returns
- Assist with tax projections
- Generate property tax reports
- Analyze investment accounts to determine the taxability of investment income and security transactions.
- Complete electronic tax work papers to support income and expenses reported on tax returns
- Review clients’ documents to determine reportable items of income and expenses on tax returns.
- This is full time from 1/25/21 to 4/15/21
DS+B provides business and individual clients the accounting, tax and advisory guidance that enables them to achieve their financial goals. DS+B is a team of CPAs and professionals serving the needs of privately held businesses, their owners, management teams and shareholders in Minnesota and across the United States. More at www.dsb-cpa.com/careers
Connected + Proactive + Accessible CPAs