About the Team
We are looking for dedicated individuals, excited to be a part of our culture!
Working at Donor Network of Arizona (DNA) is more than organ, eye and tissue donation and transplantation. We work in the field of generosity, facilitating the selfless gifts of donation to save and heal lives.
DNA employees use their unique talents to make the most of every situation, every opportunity, and every donation. Each position at DNA plays an important role in the donation process while honoring the legacy of donors and celebrating the renewed health of recipients.
About the Internship
The focus of the internship is to promote and educate the public about organ, eye and tissue donation and the DonateLifeAZ Registry. This position will provide the intern with valuable, real-world experience. The intern will be considered an integral part of the Public Education department, and as such, their ideas and input will be valued. The intern will work 15-28 hours per week during the internship and he or she will be compensated $15.00 and reimbursed for work related mileage. The hours may be worked in any combination at the discretion of the supervisor and intern.
- Assist with marketing the DonateLifeAZ Registry and Donor Network of Arizona’s Public Education programs and campaigns to ultimately increase the number of registered donors.
- Assist with the writing of press releases and other materials delivered to media, as well as distribution of such items.
- Speaking Spanish is not required, but a plus. If bilingual, assist with translations, Done Vida social media and Spanish press releases.
- Assist with developing social media and marketing plans to promote upcoming events.
- Assist with working on social media sites for Donate Life Arizona, Done Vida Arizona and Donor Network of Arizona.
- Track and log media and social media coverage and reach.
- Assist in coordinating registry drives with local community groups and companies to increase the number of registered organ and tissue donors.
- Write for the company newsletters: Year in Review, MVD Connection, Health Care Connection, Funeral Home Connection and Emergency Professional Connection.
- Assist with creating graphics, flyers and videos for internal or external campaigns or events.
- Assist with event planning, set up and breakdown as needed.
- Assist with promotional materials and department mailers.
- Perform other duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
Must possess strong writing, verbal communication skills and have the ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments.
Majoring in a communication-related field and in good standing with the university.
Minimum Experience: 0 ‑ 6 Months