Doane University is accepting qualified applicants for the position of Controller. This position is responsible for managing and supervising the Bursar & Assistant Controller. He/she creates and administers all appropriate policies and procedures therein to maintain a strong fiscal operation and to control the assets of the University. He/she prepares and directs all the financial reporting and accounting activities of the University. Other essential responsibilities include the balancing, auditing and reporting of the University’s funds, working with the University’s external auditor, working closely with payroll on the monthly payroll process, general ledger questions and required filings, overseeing the proper administration of grant accounting and reporting, and advising management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions and other cost saving ideas.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting or Business; or CPA plus 7 years of experience; or an equivalent level of education and experience. Higher education experience is preferred.
- Ability to understand and use math and accounting concepts in order to design/maintain a financial system.
- Ability to interpret technical financial information presented in various formats in order to analyze, record, and report in the financial system.
- Possess an understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, FASB statements, grant compliance, and tax laws. Ability to research and interpret these various regulations for use in daily accounting procedures and processes.
- Have excellent computer knowledge and skills; proficient in MS Office products.
- Experience managing a team, including planning and directing the work of others.
- Must possess strong leadership skills and strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, delegate and manage multiple projects. Ability to communicate effectively, positively, and professionally with management, staff, faculty and vendors. Must maintain the strictest level of confidentiality.
To Apply: Go to www.doane.edu/jobs
Mission Statement: Doane University creates distinctive educational experiences, rooted in the liberal arts, to prepare our students for careers and lives grounded in inquiry, ethics, and a commitment to lead and serve in the global community.
The values are our guiding principles, they are: Inclusion, Integrity, Innovation and Transformation. Doane University actively works to create and sustain a welcoming learning community for all members to fulfill their potential, belong, feel valued, and make meaningful contributions to the university. Doane University is an equal opportunity employer and seeks candidates who reflect the diversity of our society.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.