Development Counsellors International (DCI) an established marketing firm, headquartered in New York City, specializing in economic development and tourism marketing is hiring a Research Intern for the summer (May-Aug). Since 1960, we have represented more than 500 places helping them to attract both investors and visitors.
What We’re Looking For…Our past Interns have included both undergraduate students and postgrads, who studied a variety of majors from marketing to sociology and psychology. However, these interns have all shared similar qualities, including:
- A strong understanding of Excel
- General research methods and web-based research skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- An achiever mentality
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Solid research capabilities
- Interest in working both collaboratively and independently
Daily Life for a Research Intern Include (but are not limited to):
- Assisting with development, administration and processing of client surveys using DCI’s internal survey software as well as external panel providers.
- Assisting with the development of targeted prospect lists (i.e., companies) and associated executives using public and proprietary databases.
- Assisting with entry of economic and labor-related stats into DCI databases and client reports.
- Research economic, labor and travel-related trends for inclusion into client reports and for posting on internal Slack channels.
- Preparation of Power Points detailing research findings.
- Assisting with the research and preparation of company briefings and reports for clients.
- Assisting with internal thought leadership projects including initial project concept through execution of research study.
- Generating fresh ideas on research products and assist with implementation.
This position requires 30 hours/week and will pay minimum wage.