The Denver Math Fellows Program supports students in over 20 Denver Public Schools. Our mission is to close the opportunity gap by providing small group mathematics instruction for our highest needs students in order to accelerate their academic growth in preparation for college and career. Denver Math Fellow positions are an ideal service year for recent college graduates from any major, career changers considering teaching or retirees from a range of fields. We value individuals who commit to a service year with Denver Math Fellows and are willing to become a member of our team working toward our common mission and vision.
Math Fellow Responsibilities:
Denver Math Fellows serve full-time for an entire school year. Fellows work with small groups of four students at a time. The most important role for Fellows is to develop strong relationships with students and their families. Through these strong relationships and the use of the provided curriculum and daily instruction, Fellows will help fill in mathematical gaps and support students’ access to grade level mathematics.
- Successful completion of a minimum of 48 college credit hours
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A commitment to teach small groups of students, math content, for an entire school year
- A desire to build positive relationships with students, families and colleagues
- A flexible attitude and disposition
- Ability to accept, implement and grow from feedback
- Ability to annotate lesson plans to meet the needs of groups of students
- Desire to participate in professional learning to learn important aspects of the role
- Background with math content preferred but not required
- A salary of $27,000 paid over 12 months
- Medical, vision and dental benefits options
To learn more, visit www.DenverFellows.com and click Fellowship Overview to learn more about the Application Process.