DEKA offers Co-Ops for full time students* (must be at least 18 years of age). This position is for a 6 month rotation for Spring/Summer 2022.
The Co-Op will have exposure to several different aspects of product development and systems engineering including CAD, prototyping, hands-on troubleshooting, systems architecture, and risk management.
What will you do?
- Work with a small fast-paced group focused on launching a commercial medical device.
- Tasks will be determined based on the experience level of the student and active needs of the team. Examples include fixture design, prototyping, device troubleshooting, root cause investigation, bench testing, participating in brainstorming sessions, and systems documentation.
- Responsibilities will increase as student proves capable.
- Play a significant role in advancing the project.
Skills we are looking for:
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate engineering program. Mechanical or Biomedical disciplines preferred.
- Passion for high level thinking, working from first principles, and fundamental problem solving.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Organized thinker capable of functioning as an individual contributor with minimal direction.
- Candidates should be prepared to give examples of hands on projects and accomplishments including group projects demonstrating leadership and/or collaboration and situations of self-initiated learning and progression. Some examples include: wood/metal working, automotive repair, or art/performance.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be detailed oriented.
- Working knowledge of optics and photography is a plus.
Public transportation is available and routes/schedules can be found by visiting the Manchester Transit Authority website, www.mtabus.org.
*A full time student is defined as being enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits per semester at an undergraduate program, or a minimum of 9 credits per semester for a graduate program.