General Accommodation Program (GAP) Teacher-Part-Time
This 21-22 position will specifically include working with small groups of students in grades Kindergarten-12th grade who require extra support. This teacher will be responsible for creating and implementing elementary, middle school and high school accommodation plans as well as modifications for students who have a wide range of learning abilities, including students with academic gaps in their content knowledge. The teacher will work with classroom teachers to adapt general education lessons for students. The ideal candidate will be organized and detail oriented, compassionate, and possess a strong knowledge of differentiated instruction techniques, 504 Plans and Individualized Service Plans. An ESL teaching background would be helpful to assist with international students.
If you are interested in this position, please complete a copy of the Dayspring employment application, which you can obtain on our website www.dayspringeagles.org and submit it to Loni Corliss, GAP Coordinator and Secondary Principal at email@example.com. You will also need to submit unofficial transcripts and the pastor’s recommendation form, which is also on our website.
- Must be a born again believer and follower of Jesus Christ
- Must be sold on the ministry of Christian education and the mission of Dayspring Christian Academy
- Must be relational, encouraging and evidence a heart that is willing to serve
- Must have experience with push in and pull out student support services
- Must love working with students of all ages and abilities
- Must be willing to take on other duties/projects as needed
- BS/BA required – MS/MA preferred
- State certification preferred but not required with an endorsement in Special Education
- Must be ACSI certified or willing and able to attain ACSI certification