The Water Sciences Laboratory (WSL), part of the Nebraska Water Center (NWC), is seeking a student intern to help develop and implement its marketing plan. With over 30 years of experience and $3 million in state-of-the-art equipment, the WSL provides cutting-edge analytical science for water and natural resources students, researchers, and stakeholders.
Located on the University of Nebraska-Lincoln’s East Campus, the lab is currently stepping up its business marketing efforts to increase visibility and utilization of its services by university and external partners. Because the WSL relies on client funding to operate, this position is envisioned as a tangible real-world opportunity to help grow the lab’s reputation and business. We anticipate an internship of 10-15 hours/week (March-December) that will:
- Identify, cultivate and catalog contacts and relationships with potential clients through traditional and new media outreach;
- Research CRM software and how it can be merged/adapted to current WSL system;
- Write articles and news releases on WSL capabilities, events, people, and projects;
- Develop infographics and design content as needed;
- Assist event planning for big-ticket events like open house and mass spectrometry workshops;
- Create digital advertisements for use in high-traffic websites (e.g. LinkedIn, Google search);
- Pitch marketing ideas to WSL and NWC staff
The successful candidate must be personable, detail oriented, have excellent computer software skills (Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, LinkedIn, ConstantContact) and be enrolled in a marketing, business, or advertising-related degree program. Previous experience developing and executing marketing plans helpful but not required. A passion for science, technology and/or water resources is helpful.