DAP is a market leading manufacturer of home repair and construction products including caulks, sealants, foam, adhesives, and patch and repair products. You’ll find DAP products in the hands of professional painters, remodelers, builders, and do-it-yourselfers- ranging from home centers and mass merchants to your local hardware and paint stores. We continue to strive to be at the forefront of innovation at every turn. At DAP, we hire the best people and give them a collaborative and rewarding work environment that empowers them to succeed! We support associates in continuous professional growth and collaborate on the steps it takes to get to the next level in their careers. Our associates enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) with company match, pension, competitive health insurance, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, and more!
This internship is a great opportunity to gain real world professional Human Resources experience. The HR Intern will gain exposure to recruitment, employer branding, benefits, HR systems, payroll and more. The HR Intern will have ownership of a major project to review and update job descriptions in order to upload in DAP’s HRIS, Oracle HCM Cloud, to utilize within other HR areas
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Review and edit DAP job descriptions throughout the entire company:
- Work with the Talent Acquisition Specialist and cross functionally with Managers from different departments to update historical job descriptions.
- Ensure accuracy and thoroughness of information provided.
- Prioritize review and updates based on recruitment needs.
- Learn about FMLA, ADA, STD to ensure job description updates contain necessary information to support medical accommodation and return to work reviews.
- Learn Oracle Cloud HCM to enter job description information to utilize in other areas, such as recruiting.
- Cross-training with other HR Team Members to learn about all HR functional areas.
- Support other HR functions as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student pursuing an undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or a related field
- Familiarity with general human resources functions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Interest in learning, coupled with ability to learn quickly
32-40 hours per week