Realize Your Full Potential.
Be more than an accountant and impact your workplace, community, and clients’ lives. Be a part of a team with one goal and one purpose: to help others be better. Our core values of community investment, integrity, and quality provide a workplace to inspire you to grow professionally and personally throughout your career with us.
Dalby, Wendland & Co., P.C., is the largest public accounting and business advisory firm headquartered in western Colorado. We have over 85 team members who collaborate to positively effect our clients every day. You will be a part of the team and we will give you all the tools and training to continually learn, grow, and advance.
Journey With Us.
For more than 70 years, Dalby Wendland has served its communities and clients with trust, respect, and responsibility. As a nationally ranked top 300 firm, we cultivate progress, excellence, and seek opportunity in our core service areas of tax, accounting, audit, and business advisory. The markets and clients we serve are diverse in industry, people, and rich in unique opportunities, exposing you to varied work and paving your pathway to success as an advisor and leader.
Your well-being and work-life balance is meaningful to us. While public accounting is rewarding, we make certain our people also celebrate and enjoy life outside of work. Western Colorado provides an abundance of excellent recreation, scenic beauty, and a healthy quality of life.
If you are humble (emphasize team over self ), hungry (self-motivated, responsible, and passionate), and smart (emotional intelligence and good judgement), then you are our ideal team player. Apply and see if our firm is right for you.
- Communicate an understanding of comprehensive tax principles that are applicable to challenging or advanced corporate, partnership, and individual taxation issues.
- Complete complex tax provisions and returns with little or no supervision (tax assignments)
- Apply knowledge and skills learned through formal training and self-development activities and achieve a recognized role as an advisor to other staff
- Ability to manage multiple work assignments
- Use the Tax Code and Regulations to independently develop accurate positions and produce tax-planning alternatives.
- Perform final review
- Consistently recognize and point out opportunities to increase engagement efficiency and effectiveness
- Supervise an acceptable volume of routine and some complex engagements. Consistently deliver finished products on time, within budget, and in a manner that meets assigned accountant/engagement manager and client expectations
- Delegate appropriate workload, effectively supervise staff, and maximize realization on multiple engagements
- Engage in business consulting activities
- Take initiative in training staff to complete difficult tasks efficiently and with minimum review points. Provide effective on-the-job training to Staff and Seniors
- Consistently provide honest and timely coaching feedback to staff members regarding performance and career development
- To have 8+ years of public accounting experience
- Have a four year degree in accounting, or equivalent experience
- CPA license required
- Strong technical, computer, and soft skills
- Possess a valid driver’s license
Group Health Insurance, Flexible Spending Account options, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, 401(k) with match and no waiting period, 5 weeks PTO, Generous CPA Reimbursement and Bonus program, Paid CPE, Paid dues for industry memberships, Other benefits and perks.
Potential relocation bonus (depending on qualifications/experience)
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.