- Time Commitment: minimum 2-3 days / week, 6 months – 1 year commitment. We can discuss options between part-time or full-time
- Compensation: paid, to be discussed at interview
- Location: WeWork in West Soho, NY
*Given the COVID-19 situation, Curina team has been working remotely from home. However, preference is given to applicants in the five boroughs.
We are a Columbia University-based startup building a platform that offers art rental / rent-to-own service for fine art; think Rent the Runway for fine art.
Curina discovers and represents up-and-coming artists and connects them to individual and business clients. We elevate our artists through various forms of original content from social media features, articles, interviews, and videos.
About The Job
This is an opportunity to work directly with the art curator and engage firsthand with the growth stages of a startup.
We are looking for someone who has enthusiasm for tech and creating a new platform that connects next generation of artists to consumers.
What You’ll Do
- Research emerging artists in the U.S who demonstrate strong conceptual thinking and history of execution
- Reach out to artists and correspond through email and calls
- Come up with new strategies to balance clientele’s preferences and representation of diverse (QTPOC) artists
- Manage Curina’s online collection with your own standards on thematic coherence and quality
- Create concepts for and organize virtual (potentially in-person) exhibitions and curated collections
- Provide curation consultation to individual and business clients and adapt to varying needs
- Publish original articles on Curina artists and critical topics in the contemporary art world
- Manage social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest)
- Initiate new forms of content such as podcasts, IGTV, zines etc. that can further our role as an avenue of mutual creative conversation
- 4 year degree in art history, visual arts, or design preferred but not required
- Strong writing skills, experience in academic writing on contemporary art preferred
- History of engagement with specifically New York local art scene, especially knowledge of artist residencies, galleries, and events
- Experience directly managing social media (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest)
- A high-energy, positive person who wants to make a difference on the founding team of a startup
You will gain experience building a startup from the ground level. Other key benefits include:
- Working and collaborate directly with founders who will help you network to future internships, jobs or graduate programs.
- Completing tangible projects to showcase on your resume.
- Opportunity to join a growing team full-time.
- WeWork perks (complimentary drinks/events and meeting other seed-stage entrepreneurs).
- Access to founders who will help you network to future internships, jobs or graduate programs.