Work Location: Madison, WI
Timeframe: Summer 2021
Join us at our corporate office in Madison, WI as a Marketing Intern!
Built on the strength of CUNA Mutual Group, we leverage nearly 80 years stability, expertise and credit union experience to take a member-focused approach to all that we do. We know that what we do matters, and our passion lies in ensuring the people we serve have the opportunity and access to protect what matters most in their lives.
A career with the Consumer Experience Group offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast-growing organization. Led by an engaged senior leadership team with a clear and exciting vision for the future, we understand the impact of consumer analytics. We are looking for a collaborative, highly-motivated individual to join our high-performing team. The individual should be a quick learner, an effective communicator, and willing to proactively take initiative on both large- and small-scale projects to deliver results.
Recognized as one of Madison’s Best Workplaces, CUNA Mutual Group is a place where you’re expected to be yourself, do what’s right, and build on your strengths to help create a brighter future for those we serve and each other.
The Marketing Intern will participate as an active member of our Consumer Experience Marketing Team and will be exposed to all aspects of marketing, including direct mail and web marketing in a business environment. The intern will actively contribute to cross-functional projects and will also plan and execute individual value-added projects throughout the summer. Additional responsibilities will be developed in conjunction with the intern’s interests, skills and desired learning areas.
The Marketing Intern could be involved in the following activities:
- Aid in proofreading, organization, coordination and delivery of media collateral
- Conduct consumer market research to inform business strategy development and webinar content
- Research and report out on competitive intelligence information
- Design and implement self-directed projects that aim to increase efficiency, improve processes, and add value
- Report on successes and challenges of completed projects and recommend next steps
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver collateral upon request and participate in discussions that inform decision making
- Provide support in the development and tactical deployment of digital and direct mail marketing plans.
- Analyze results from previous marketing initiatives and tests to provide recommendations on future strategies
- Handle various assignments which may include web analytics, web content writing, and social media.
The Consumer Experience Marketing Internship encompasses opportunities in Media, Market Research, Customer Experience, E-Commerce and Product Management.
Successful candidates should have the following knowledge, skills and capabilities:
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree (Minor/Major) or MBA (Emphasis) in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Business, or Management.
- Excellent communication skills; verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation.
- Enthusiastic and positive team outlook and ability to work independently with direction.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and effective project management and research skills with the ability to work productively to meet competing priorities.
Hands on experience can set you apart in a competitive job market. Our formalized Internship Program is designed to lead college students down the path to a successful career. As an integral part of high-performance teams, you are in a position where you can apply what you have learned in the classroom while gaining new skills in a dynamic professional setting. You will focus on meaningful, project-driven work that has a direct impact on the company and be competitively paid. Our Interns also build their social and professional networks, both within and beyond their work areas.
CUNA Mutual Group is a great workplace that allows you to challenge yourself, grow and develop, win and be rewarded. Employees are dedicated to a strict code of values that drive how we do business the credit union way.
We encourage you to apply today!