Time Frame: Summer 2021
At CUNA Mutual Group, we help people achieve financial security. Always working in the best interest of our valued customers, we help protect, invest and plan for a healthy future. Always working in the best interest of our valued customers, we help protect, invest and plan for a healthy future. We are a team of dynamic, collaborative, and innovative individuals who strive to make a difference in the organization and our communities.
We are looking for new team members who have a passion for information technology (application development or infrastructure) and strong communication skills. As an Information Technology Intern, you will be an active member of a cross-functional team. CUNA Mutual Group has embraced the Agile Methodology and follows both Scrum and Kanban frameworks to produce business value. Cross-functional teams are a critical component of these frameworks and are responsible for producing potentially-releasable, high-quality solutions at the end of each two-week team sprint. Members of these teams may have specialized skills and focus areas, but the collective team has accountability for technical analysis, design, development, configuration, and testing activities.
Throughout your internship you will have the opportunity to work directly with senior IT professionals to gain exposure to technologies, methodologies, and standards used today. You will also be provided several opportunities to network with your intern peers and other employees across CUNA Mutual Group.
Are you ready to join our team?
- Help your team establish goals
- Participate in managing the inventory of work to be completed by your team – and help break work into small, manageable components
- Identify work you can complete for your team – and take ownership of completing this work
- Identify external dependencies and risks that could block your team’s ability to complete work and achieve goals
- Provide overall effort and remaining effort estimates for work you own
- Communicate impediments and/or obstacles to the team’s progress
- Collaborate and integrate with other teams as needed to resolve issues outside of your control
- Deliver potentially releasable quality solutions at the end of each sprint
- Demonstrate work that was “done” and answer questions about solutions delivered during each sprint
- Embrace continuous improvement by inspecting the way in which your team works, actively participating in team retrospectives, and creating a plan for improvement
- Enrolled and working towards an undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related major.
- Open to relocating after graduation to pursue a career as an IT professional.
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and effectively communicate business and technical information verbally, in writing, and presentation.
- Understanding of application development life cycles, object-oriented designs and development, and agile methodology. (Scrum/Kanban)
- Demonstrated ability in infrastructure technology life cycle, cloud computing, networking, database, IT security, or desktop and server platforms.
- Experience with the following is helpful: JSON, PowerShell, and/or Scrum/Kanban
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values. In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.