Fixed Income Analyst Intern (MBA) – Madison, WI
Salary Grade: Intern
Time Frame: Summer 2020
Hands on experience can set you apart in a competitive job market. Our formalized Internship Program is designed to lead graduate students down the path to a successful career in investment management. As an integral part of our high performing team, you will be able to apply what you have learned in the classroom and gain new skills in a dynamic and challenging professional setting.
This Internship is based in Madison, WI and starts June 2020 and runs through August 2020 with the possibility of extending into the 2020-2021 school year. You will focus on project-driven work that has a direct impact on the investment portfolio.
Under the direction of the Managing Director, Credit Research, the Internship will involve working closely with the firm’s investment professionals in conducting fundamental, bottom up credit analysis on corporate bonds and structured securities. In addition, the internship will include top down macro research modeling securities, return characteristics and historical volatility.
· Pursuing an MBA in Finance
· Passion for financial markets, with an interest in fixed income securities and credit research
· Financial statement analysis experience
· Working knowledge of corporate credit and structured securities analysis and ability to work closely with senior analysts and portfolio managers to monitor current holdings and generate ideas for new potential investments is preferred
· Fixed income analysis experience is preferred
· Having sat for or having the intention to sit for at least level one of the CFA exam would be preferred