Intern Job Description
Title: Consumer Insights Intern
Time Frame: Summer 2021
This role is designed to provide hands-on experience to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards of CUNA Mutual Group’s Horizon 2 Innovation Center on the Research and Insights team. Candidates will have the opportunity to apply what they have learned in a classroom environment while gaining new skills in a dynamic professional setting. The Research and Insights team is responsible for strategizing, designing, and executing consumer and market research that helps inform product design and delivery.
Candidates will assist members of the department with key research, insights, and strategy initiatives and projects. This role requires critical attention to detail in a fast-paced environment, self-motivation, intellectual curiosity, and resourcefulness to solve problems. The ideal candidate will be pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Marketing, Behavioral Economics or Business, with a desire to move into an innovation, insights, psychology, marketing, market research, behavioral economics, or product management/development career after graduation.
- Expect to work within a fast-paced, innovative culture. You’ll experience working on consumer and market research initiatives – from designing and strategizing new experiments to interviewing real and potential customers to analyzing and reporting on data. No two days are the same as you’ll partner with the team, attend meetings, and work on cross functional teams.
- Special projects within the department are varied and could focus on consumer, market, and competitive research. The goal of special projects is to build research and insights acumen, while helping the product team make informed decisions about feature design and delivery.
- Must be currently enrolled in an undergrad program towards a bachelor’s degree.
- Strong computer (MS Office—Word, Excel, Outlook), analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are a must as well as intellectual curiosity and the desire to learn.
- Honesty, integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality are required.
- Must be able to think, act, and prioritize in a pressured, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to build empathy and connect with others who may be different than you.
- Experience working on qualitative research projects preferred.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values. In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Please provide your Work Experience and Education or attach a copy of your resume. Applications received without this information may be removed from consideration