Title: Director, Product Marketing
The Director, Product Marketing will create the strategic positioning, go-to-market plans, and marketing assets for a specific product solution suite. This role serves as the liaison between the product management organization and the customer by crafting unique and compelling product stories that position the products for success in the marketplace. This position serves as a product/solution evangelist and leverages their expertise to optimize our sales enablement collateral to enable our organization with a competitive edge. The ideal candidate will be passionate about enhancing customer experiences and the products in their category to improve engagement across the customer lifecycle; are experts in their field, know their buyer personas and have a fundamental understanding of where the market is going. They will be an enthusiastic marketing expert who is growth driven and committed to developing and managing inventive and enticing product marketing programs and materials.
Essential Job Functions:
· Develop the product positioning strategy and geography specific messaging that differentiates the designated product solution suite in the market across specific industry verticals.
o Gain the critical information (i.e. competitive analysis, personas, user testing, and customer feedback) needed to develop positioning and messaging that resonates with target audiences.
o Collaborate with Product Management and Sales to plan the launch of new products and releases. Create and lead the cross-functional implementation of the plan.
o Actively participate as key member of the product management strategic roadmap team. Ensure that the voice of the customer is represented in planning discussions to ensure market opportunities are optimized.
· Lead the development of the go-to-market strategy and execution plans spanning all stages of the buyer lifecycle; from prospect identification to acquisition and retention.
o Produce best-in-class middle and bottom of funnel demand generation content, like case studies, product demos, webinars, and more to drive demand.
o Develop and execute plans to convert leads and maximize market opportunities through outbound marketing or customer-facing activities in collaboration with channel marketing (i.e. virtual engagements, events, tradeshows).
o Participate in the identification, justification and monitoring of new market opportunities and pursuit plans.
o Partner with the sales and product management teams to build necessary tools and materials that educate and train the sales and support functions of the organization on the go-to-market plans.
o Rally the company around the global launch and evolution of the product, providing end to end metrics around progress to overtake competitive products in the market.
· Be the product/solution brand ambassador and evangelist, participating in the development of marketing content that is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels including online, social media, email, point of purchase, mobile, video, print and in-person.
o Lead the content development for marketing collateral.
o Collaborate with sales and account services to create customer case studies.
o Collaborate with product management to assist in the development of use cases, ROI analysis and compelling demo scripts to showcase product capabilities. Provide content to the solution consultants/pre-sales team to create compelling and effective product demos.
· Minimum of 10-12+ years of experience in product marketing, or product management that has enabled specific messaging and domains expertise within B2B enterprise technology. Advanced ability to develop, communicate, implement, and evangelize results-based strategies and vision
· Familiarity with Pragmatic Framework (concepts, framework, terminology, etc.)
· Demonstrated flexibility to lead marketing strategy in a fast-paced, fluid, cross-functional, matrixed environment
· Strong ability to identify, qualify, and prioritize prospects with demonstrated results, while leveraging subject matter experts to gain credibility with key prospects
· Executive level presence with the maturity and strategic planning experience to lead large, complex product launches
· Proven track record as a collaborator and adept at building high performance partnerships while driving transformational breakthroughs within target markets
· Strong business/financial skills and hands-on customer experience
· Excellent writing, organization, and project management skills
· Must have an entrepreneurial spirit, be a self-starter, and innovative
· Ability to be flexible and adaptable to clients, as well as business needs
· Capability to operate in a multi-cultural environment with an understanding of business and decision processes in different geographical areas
Requires BS/BA degree in a marketing discipline, MBA preferred, or the equivalent work experience