Receives job training and experience in various areas within the department while contributing to the success of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Performs duties as assigned to gain work experience.
* Receives and carries out instructions.
* Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Communicates effectively.
* Exhibits ability to read, write, talk, and hear; add, subtract, multiply, and divide; and lift and/or move up to 35 pounds as required.
* Uses computers and software programs proficiently.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Must be a college student actively pursuing a degree.
Depending on the department in which the internship is being completed, the employee may come in contact with outside weather conditions, vibration, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold or extreme heat and excessive noise levels.