Responsibilities include mechanical design work associated with the integration of electronic equipment onto airborne platforms. The Mechanical Engineer evaluates the requirements of the electronics, airworthiness standards, the platform and human factors to come up with an integration solution by applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, heat transfer, and materials. The Mechanical Engineer is also responsible for performing and documenting stress, vibration, mass properties and thermal analyses. Design support is continuous from requirements definition through integration and test; and maintenance of design documentation and configuration management is required throughout the product life-cycle. Responsibilities also include providing technical procurement specifications, assisting in the management of suppliers.
· BS in Mechanical Engineering.
· 3 years minimum related work experience.
· Working experience with product lifecycle management (PLM), finite element analysis (FEA) and computational fluid dynamics (CFD).
· Experience creating Free Body Diagrams (FBD) and perform Static Engineering Analyses.
· A solid understanding of ASME standards including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and Drawing Standards for level II and level III Technical Data Packages (TDP’s).
· Perform regular ECO processing, including: part number request, ECO document preparing/submission, checking engineering drawings, creating/updating BOMs.
· Working knowledge of the FAA certification process.
· Familiar with the mechanical design methods used to meet EMI/EMC requirements associated with MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-464 and TEMPEST requirements.
· Candidate must possess a strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as general user knowledge of mechanical design CAD tools such as Mathcad, Autodesk Inventor (preferred) or SolidWorks.
· Candidate must be able to collaborate in a team environment, prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish the project result, prioritize multiple responsibilities and/or accomplishing them simultaneously, and comprehend and analyze complex problems and develop solutions.
· Must be a U.S. citizen and a DoD Secret security clearance is required.
MS in Mechanical Engineering
FAA structural designated engineering representative (DER) designation
Previous DoD and/or Aerospace Industry experience
Previous experience with ProductCenter PLM
Working knowledge of designing for TEMPEST compliance
Working experience with Jama requirements management software
Current Secret or Top Secret Security Clearance