Coyote’s summer internship program starts with two weeks of training, which fully encompasses Coyote and the transportation industry. Once training is complete, you will be paired with a sales mentor, whom you will work alongside all summer to help develop you into a sales professional. You will be a part of Coyote’s Carrier Sales department, which helps customers move their inventory in the most cost-effective way by identifying and providing logistics solutions through inside sales. You will focus on the fast-paced brokerage aspect of our business by selling shipments to carriers and developing strong relationships with carriers through communication over the phone and email. These conversations with the carriers include, but are not limited to, determining truck availability, negotiating rates based on market trends, and identifying and resolving issues.
Daily Tasks and Responsibilities
• Learn the craft of selling while continuously growing sales skills.
• Develop strong relationships with carrier companies through cold calling.
• Perfect sales skills and techniques while learning from some of the best sellers in the industry.
• Work towards receiving a sales certificate by attending continuous development seminars at Coyote
• Enroll carriers in Coyote’s technology programs and mobile applications.
• Update Coyote’s proprietary technology with carrier availability and capacity.
• Meet or exceed daily sales metrics.
• Have fun and learn a ton!
Skills, Characteristics, and Experience
• Undergraduate education at a Junior level standing preferred
• Strong work ethic, motivation, and sales drive
• Effective communication
• Confident decision-making skills
• Strong ability to negotiate
• Eagerness to learn
• Enthusiasm and high energy
• Paid internship
• On-site training and potential full-time opportunities
• Designated on-site mentor to guide you throughout the summer
• Chance to explore a metropolitan city
• Intramural sports
• Casual dress and monthly company lunch
• Team outings