Integrated Field Science – Crop Protection and Agronomy Internship – 6 Month (Janesville, WI)
Research & Development – Janesville, WI, US
Req ID: RES00004627
Grow what’s next. Grow your future. Corteva Agriscience is seeking an Integrated Field Sciences Intern to participate in crop protection product development from May to December 2021. The successful candidate will be part of a team primarily focused on managing small plot field research trials characterizing integrated products with an emphasis on herbicide, insecticide, and fungicide products.
Responsibilities – What You’ll Do:
Intern will support key research tasks during the growing season and be involved in various aspects of experimental research. Daily activities would include but not limited to seed prep, field planting, backpack spraying experimental trials, field plot maintenance, irrigation management, data collection on product efficacy, and fertilizer treatment applications. The successful candidate will be required to follow written protocols and meet key project timelines. During peak times of the year, extended working hours will be required in various environmental conditions.
As part of this internship, the successful candidate will be required to manage and complete a research project. Working as part of a multi-crop, multi-function research location, the successful candidate may also participate in corn rootworm trait development, seed applied technology evaluation, and provide support to the plant breeding department with corn and soybean product development. Intern may also support other field scientists in the region.
Qualifications – What You’ll Bring:
- Education focus in Entomology, Agronomy, Plant Sciences, Integrated Pest Management, Biology, Plant Pathology, or related field.
- Agricultural background beneficial
- Minimum GPA requirement of 3.0
- Must be enrolled at an accredited university at the time of internship
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Computer & organization skills
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects & meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills & teamwork
- Valid driver’s license & ability to travel to remote field locations
- Basic knowledge of key crop insect pests, crop production, and plant development