Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry.This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments and individuals for their own use.
Scope of Position: Working under the supervision of an engineer:
- Become familiar with automation equipment, documentation and processes
- Research electrical component obsolescence issues and document accordingly Industrial automation that involves: PLC programming/editing, Fanuc Robot programming/editing, HMI programming/editing, schematic editing, machine cycle time improves, etc.
Responsibilities: Work under the direction of an engineer to:
- Identify process/equipment and procedural opportunities to improve performance.
- Update AutoCAD drawings and BOM’s
- Work with vendors to identify potential component upgrade options
Hours of work: 40hrs/week; 8am-5pm
Education and Experience:
- Enrolled in BSEE or BS Mechatronics program
- GPA of 3.0 or above
- Relevant experience a plus
- Computer literate in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- “Hands on” experience solving problems
- AutoCAD experience required
- Ability to interpret electrical schematics
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks
- Ability to build relationships and interact with all levels of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively present information
- Prior electrical internship
- Familiar with electrical control components
- Experience dealing with suppliers
- Basic statistical understanding
This role does not support immigration sponsorship.